a new way to read the latest magazines
Flip through your favourite magazines.
Flipster offers an easy, browse-able reading experience. Users can browse magazines by category as well as perform searches for specific periodicals. An online newsstand provides a carousel of the most recent issues, as well as a carousel of all issues allowing for quick access to magazines. The table of contents contains links for quick access to articles of interest and hotlinks within magazines are hyperlinked, opening in separate tabs when clicked. In addition, there is an option to zoom in and out for better readability.
Click a magazine cover below to download your magazine.
Please have your Library Card number available to login.
Titles available include:
Canada’s Style at Home
|Canadian Living||National Geographic Kids|
*These Spanish magazines have been made possible by the County of Simcoe Library Co-operative Multicultural Hub Project
Flipster User Guide
Flipster for Desktops Tutorial
Flipster for Mobile Tutorial
Flipster for Android/Kindle Fire Tablet Tutorial
Infosheet for iOS devices
Infosheet for Android devices
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to pay for this service?
No, this service is free courtesy of your library.
Are back issues available?
Yes, back issues are available:
- To access back issues in your desktop or mobile web browser, open the most recent issue of a magazine and select the All Issues menu item in the right column to see all available issues.
- To access back issues in the mobile app, tap on the info icon associated with the magazine you are interested in. From the Details Screen, you can browse all available back issues. (Available now in iOS, coming soon in Android)
Do I need a mobile app to view magazines on my mobile device?
Is there a mobile app I can use with Flipster?
Can I search within a magazine?
What is the Contents Gallery?
The Contents Gallery allows you to view the table of contents for all available issues of a magazine when using Flipster on your desktop or laptop computer.
To use the Contents Gallery:
- Select All Issues from the viewer menu and click Contents Gallery from the resulting menu pane.
- Click the View button. A new Contents Gallery window opens allowing you to page through the table of contents from all issues available.
- Click on a feature or article to go directly to that page.
Note: The Contents Gallery is not accessible when using Flipster on a mobile device.