Library Services Offered During the COVID-19 Pandemic
NTPL’s Response to COVID-19
New Tecumseth Public Library continues to follow the province’s reopening guidelines. As of March 1st, capacity limits have been lifted in all indoor public settings. This means we no longer have a 10 person maximum for our meeting spaces.
Curbside Pickup Services is still offered by NTPL.
Services offered by NTPL while in Step 3 of the province’s Road to Reopen includes all of the services offered in Step 2 (Browse, Borrow and Go) with a few additions to service as follows:
- Capacity limits have now been removed.
- Meeting rooms are available for bookings. Renters are responsible for COVID screening of participants. To find out more about meeting room rentals, please contact Linda firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-person programming has resumed with all of the above precautions.
- The library hours remain unchanged.
BROWSE, BORROW & GO
Services offered through NTPL when in Step 2 of the province’s Road to Reopen: Browse, Borrow and Go.
- Facemasks must be worn at all times.
- Limited socially-distanced computers will be available for express use.
- The library hoursremain unchanged.
NTPL is pleased to continue to offer Curbside Pickup alongside our Browse, Borrow and Go and Express Services.
- Curbside pickup will be available during our regular open hours.
- Maximum of 10 items per card (books, movies, audiobooks, or magazines).
- Patrons can request items by contacting any library branch:
- Library staff will contact patrons to schedule pickup arrangements.
- Library drop boxes are open and items can be returned at any time.
- An active NTPL library membership card is needed to take advantage of Curbside Pickup. Patrons without a library membership can call or visit any branch to set up a membership.
Placing Holds Using the Online Catalogue
- Requests (“holds”) can now be placed through our online catalogue by logging in to your account. To access your online account, you will need your library card number and password/PIN. If you can’t remember your password/PIN, or would like some support searching for material or placing holds using the online catalogue, please give us a call.
- Once your items are ready, staff will contact you by phone to schedule a pickup time.
- We also continue to welcome your Curbside Pickup requests by phone!
Sign Up For a Virtual Membership
NTPL is now offering a Virtual Membership!
This limited membership provides quick access to our online/digital collections:
- OverDrive (ebooks & audiobooks & streaming video)
- Flipster (online magazines)
- Audio BookCloud (more audiobooks)
- Mango Languages
And so much more!
Sign up today by filling out the form on the Virtual Membership page here.
Health & Safety is Our Top Priority
The health and safety of our staff and patrons is our top priority.
Our services follow the framework provided by the Province of Ontario, the advice of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and other health experts, and follows best practices within library and retail industries.
Here are some of the measures we have put in place:
- All staff have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regular cleaning and hand washing protocols are in place.
Patrons will be required to:
- Wear a face mask or face covering of their own provision while in the Library, for their entire visit.
- Sanitize their hands when entering the branch.
Curbside Printing ServicePrinting services are currently available at the D.A. Jones (Beeton) and Memorial (Alliston) Branches. Printing in the Pam Kirkpatrick Branch (Tottenham) will be set up shortly. Please maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) distance from staff and others at all times.
Reference and Reader’s Advisory services available by contacting Leslie (email@example.com).
LIBRARY BRANCH PHONES
Library Branch phone lines are being answered; phone messages will be returned.
Late fees have been permanently removed!
ACCOUNTS & MEMBERSHIPS
Update your account PIN or renew your expired membership by calling one of the branches or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRAMS THRU SOCIAL MEDIA
Programs are being offered on our social media channels
Free WiFi is available outside all of our Branches – remember to respect social distancing!
For further information about New Tecumseth Public Library, please contact CEO Jessica Mole at email@example.com or (705) 435-0250.