Library Services Offered During the COVID-19 Pandemic
NTPL’s Response to COVID-19
New Tecumseth Public Library is now in Step 3 of the province’s Roadmap to Reopen offering Browse, Borrow and Go Service, with a few additions. NTPL continues to offer Curbside Pickup Servi
Step 3: Express Service
NTPL is now in Step 3 of the province’s Road to Reopen. All of the services offered in Step 2 (Browse, Borrow and Go) will continue, with a few additions to service as follows:
- Capacity has increased to a maximum of 20 people permitted inside a branch at one time.
- Meeting rooms are available for bookings, at 50% capacity. Renters are responsible for COVID screening of participants, contact tracing, and ensuring that 2 meters distance is observed at all times. To find out more about meeting room rentals, please contact Linda email@example.com.
- Outdoor programming has begun, with all of the above precautions.
- Alliston’s Hours continue to be: Monday – Friday 10 am – 5 pm.
- Beeton’s Hours continue to be: Monday-Friday 10 am – 5 pm.
- Tottenham’s Hours continue to be: Tuesday-Saturday 10 am – 5 pm.
BROWSE, BORROW & GO
Services offered through NTPL while in Step 2 of the province’s Road to Reopen: Browse, Borrow and Go.
- Patrons are asked to keep their time in the library to a minimum when coming in to borrow materials and use computers.
- A maximum of 10 people will be permitted inside a branch at one time.
- Facemasks must be worn at all times.
- Limited socially-distanced computers will be available for express use.
- Alliston’s Hours for Browse, Borrow and Go will be: Monday – Friday 10 am – 5 pm.
- Beeton’s Hours for Browse, Borrow and Go will be: Monday-Friday 10 am – 5 pm.
- Tottenham’s Hours for Browse, Borrow and Go will be Tuesday-Saturday 10 am – 5 pm.
While library hours are limited and staff are at reduced levels, NTPL is pleased to continue to offer Curbside Pickup alongside our Browse, Borrow and Go services.
- Curbside pickup will be available in Alliston and Beeton Monday to Friday, 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Curbside pickup will be available in Tottenham Tuesday to Saturday, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Maximum of 10 items per card (books, movies, audiobooks, or magazines).
- Patrons an request items by contacting any library branch:
- Library staff will contact patrons to schedule pickup arrangements.
- NTPL will not charge late fees for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, library drop boxes are open and items can be returned at any time.
- An active NTPL library membership card is needed to take advantage of Curbside Pickup. Patrons without a library membership can call or visit any branch to set up a membership.
Placing Holds Using the Online Catalogue
Requests (“holds”) can now be placed through our online catalogue by logging in to your account. To access your online account, you will need your library card number and password/PIN. If you can’t remember your password/PIN, or would like some support searching for material or placing holds using the online catalogue, please give us a call.
Once your items are ready, staff will contact you by phone to schedule a pickup time.
We also continue to welcome your Curbside Pickup requests by phone!
Sign Up For a Virtual Membership
NTPL is now offering a Virtual Membership!
This limited membership provides quick access to our online/digital collections:
- OverDrive (ebooks & audiobooks & streaming video)
- Flipster (online magazines)
- Audio BookCloud (more audiobooks)
- Mango Languages
And so much more!
Sign up today by filling out the form on the Virtual Membership page here.
Library Services Offered During the Covid-19 pandemic
- Curbside Pickup is offered at all branches
- Our electronic services will remain open 24/7 at ntpl.ca for online eBooks, audiobooks, databases and more.
Health & Safety is Our Top Priority
The health and safety of our staff and patrons is our top priority.
Our services follow the framework provided by the Province of Ontario, the advice of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and other health experts, and follows best practices within library and retail industries.
Here are some of the measures we have put in place:
- All staff have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Returned materials are quarantined for at least 72 hours.
- Pick-up locations have proper physical distancing protocols in place.
- Intensive cleaning of branches has been done in advance, with special disinfecting of high-touch surfaces.
- Regular cleaning and hand washing protocols are in place.
Patrons will be required to:
- Wear a face mask or face covering of their own provision while in the Library, for their entire visit.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from others.
- Sanitize their hands when entering the branch.
Health & Safety Considerations
While NTPL staff will do their utmost to provide this service in a safe, contactless way, it is important to keep the following in mind:
- Patrons who are immune compromised or otherwise susceptible to COVID-19 infection are advised to NOT take out library materials.
- Library materials will be placed in paper bags for pickup.
- Patrons will be advised to wash hands before and after handling books and other items, avoid touching their faces while reading, and avoid sneezing or coughing onto the page while reading.
- Staff will exercise proper social distancing protocol and wear necessary personal protective equipment when handling library materials for Curbside Pickup. Staff will not be interacting directly with the public.
- As the COVID-19 crisis continues to evolve, the Library will monitor and re-evaluate Curbside Pickup service as needed and may cancel the service without notice.
By-Law 2020-137 from the Town prohibits access, use and booking of municipal recreation facilities, including the library, to persons whose primary residence is in an area subject to more restrictive public health measures than the Town of New Tecumseth.
Reference and Reader’s Advisory services available by contacting Leslie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
LIBRARY BRANCH PHONES
Library Branch phone lines are being answered; phone messages will be returned.
Late fees will be waived for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
ACCOUNTS & MEMBERSHIPS
Update your account PIN or renew your expired membership by calling one of the branches or emailing email@example.com.
PROGRAMS THRU SOCIAL MEDIA
Programs are being offered on our social media channels
Free WiFi is available outside all of our Branches – remember to respect social distancing!
For further information about New Tecumseth Public Library, please contact CEO Jessica Mole at firstname.lastname@example.org or (705) 435-0250.